The 2021 NAALT/WALT virtual conference is October 1-3, 2021 and this is the place to be if you are interested in PhotoBioModulation Therapy!
PBM2021 will focus on PBM becoming a mainstream medical procedure. Institutions such as NICE in the UK and medical insurance companies in the US now recognize PBM as “medically necessary”. Regulatory gatekeepers, reimbursement experts, and policy officials will be invited to explain the roadmap to medical acceptance. Last year, 627 academic papers were published on PBM bringing the total to over 7,000 in the last 30 years. This conference will be about leveraging this body of science to make PBM more readily available.
30 YEARS OF WALT AND NAALT
Our previous 30 conferences have inspired the academics and clinicians who have brought PBM to the threshold of mainstream acceptance. Our events grew from a few dozen people 30 years ago to 380 at the last WALT meeting, and there is every reason to expect even more with this combined event featuring the global reach and convenience of a virtual event.
SHARING NEW APPLICATIONS AND PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE
The foremost authorities will present their latest research on all aspects of Photobiomodulation including mechanisms of action, physiological changes, clinical research, and consensus guidelines. At previous events, presentations included nerve regeneration, traumatic brain injury, Parkinson’s disease, dementia, depression, improved cognitive function in healthy people, musculoskeletal pain, neuropathic pain, osteoarthritis, macular degeneration, heart attack, stroke, chronic kidney disease, COVID-19, cancer treatment side-effects (Oral mucositis, xerostomia, radiation dermatitis, lymphoedema, dysphasia), opioid use disorder, and a wide range of dental and veterinary applications.
WATCH PAUSE REWIND
You’ll be able to watch from the comfort of your own home, leave comments and ask questions in the chat, find your friends, join a special interest group, download handouts, and re-watch videos as often as you like.
- Presidential Address NAALT-WALT
- Welcome address, where are we now and where are we going.
- Publication of Position Papers from WALT 2018, guidelines and evidence base
- PBM Mechanisms
- Review of known and speculated/likely mechanisms of PBM
- Wavelength, chromophore activation, signaling, and depth of penetration is the view accurate?
- Dosage- Dosage-Dosage – What is the consensus?
- What we know and how to use the science to improve clinical outcomes
- Where do we go from here? New frontiers
- Stem cells
- PBM and Pain Management with a view on the opioid crisis
- Where are we really at in the opioid crisis – have we just shifted it to the street?
- What is the evidence and cost-effectiveness of PBM in pain management?
- Acute treatment for prevention of the development of chronic pain and addiction – Stop it before it starts!
- Dealing with opiate addiction
- Musculoskeletal – Pain Management
Treatment of acute injury – prevention of addiction
PBM in Tendinopathy, ligamentous and arthritic diseases
Myofascial syndrome – trigger and acupuncture point approaches
Peripheral Neuropathy, neuralgia, allodynia, CRPS, paresthesia & dysthesia
Phantom limb pain – dealing with the amputee – wounds, and pain
Integration in chronic pain treatment programs
- Sports, Emergency and Industrial Medicine
- The need for immediate treatment to prevent the sequelae
- Recovery after injury – the impact of PBM
- Performance recovery and enhancement
- Neuromodulation with PBM
- Mechanisms of transcranial stimulation, or is it?
- How about peripheral neuromodulation with PBM?
- Advances in the treatment of Alzheimer’s with PBM
- PBM for TBI, Concussion
- Stroke recovery
- Sleep and circadian pattern management
- Wound Healing and Dermatology
- Post-operative management of wound healing implications of PBM in pain management, accelerated healing and infection management
- Advances in bacterial management with PBM how it works and optimal dosing
- Chronic wound treatment – integrated pathways with PBM
- Treatment of acne – new protocols and outcomes
- Scar tissue treatment with PBM
- Cosmetic applications skin brightening and wrinkle treatment
- Dental PBM
- Oral Mucositis – update, reimbursement, cost-effectiveness and outcomes
- Management of orofacial pain, TMJ
- Post-Surgical Wound healing
- Oral Surgery
- Periodontal and implant disease
- Veterinary Medicine
- Chronic pain management in locomotor dysfunction
- Acute and chronic wound care applications
- Tendinopathy and arthritis
- Internal organ disease
- Macular disease management with PBM – what the evidence and when will this be ready for clinical use?
- Treatment of corneal damage with red light PBM
- Antiviral, Antimicrobial / Covid-19 Therapies
- Antiviral effects of PBM on H2N2 and COVID-19
- Treatment strategies using PBM in COVID-19 recovery
- Endogenous and exogenous photosensitizers in antimicrobial management
- New developments and applications based on antiviral and antibacterial effects of PBM
- PBM in Cancer Supportive Care Applications
- Oral Mucositis, CIPN, Radiation dermatitis, xerostomia, radiation dermatitis, and dysphagia
- PBM effects in Apoptosis of Cancer Cells
- Immune responses
- Update on Contraindications
- Technology and PBM Delivery Systems
- Dose, dose, dose
- Update on side effects, treatment reactions and adverse events reported in the literature update 2021
- PBM safety
- Light Patches
- Light beds
- Taking PBM to Mainstream Medicine
- National Coverage Determinations– a major roadblock to PBM adoption. Negative coverage has had a significant impact on the acceptance of PBM what do we need to do to change this?
- FDA regulatory – What is needed to make meaningful new claims – (as opposed to current 510K claims), process, clinical trials, options based on new regulations?
- What evidence do we have for PBM and how do we convince regulators of its validity? Focus on Pain and Tissue repair
- Cost-effectiveness of PBM
- Integration of PBM into clinical treatment pathways
- What’s the roadmap for mainstream adoption of PBM?
- Young Researcher Presentations and Awards
- Laser Acupuncture